A little piece of me

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I'm back sort of ?!?!!?

Thanks for the lovely comments, emails and phone calls regarding my last post. The short of it is that Luke is really having a hard time and when your child is struggling it takes all the effort you have to keep them going. After the major disappointment of not ever getting his license he was now having a problem at work. Now he only just got this school based hospitality traineeship a few short weeks ago and he was so over the moon!!!! It was great to see, his very first job some independence etc. But it was very short lived, his excitement and enthusiasm had waned extremely, now I just thought the reality of it was setting in. But last week when it was time to go and he sat before me crying because he really didn't want to go I knew something major was up. I went in to see his boss and the news wasn't good. He explained that as much as he liked Luke he wasn't up to the job, he wasn't progressing to the levels required and he was quite unsafe with his eyesight and disability. They did as much as they could and were very sorry it wasn't working and did offer him a casual job washing dishes, but Luke confidence is so low now that I'm not sure he's up for it.

On to better news I have my copy of Scrapbook Creations that came in the mail and I have a layout in it. Loved this circle punch wave pattern, I saw it on a cusion when shopping one day and couldn't wait to use it on a Layout. Love it.


I'm so busy this week after spending 2 days in Melbourne on the weekend at Paperific working for Xyron. I have all the products here and are busy packing up kits for our Workshop day in November. Then I'm onto my samples and instructions so I can tell all the participants what they need to bring. I'm still getting phone calls from ladies wanting to come, woohooo. Such a great outcome for my first local workshop. I have an assingment to do for SM this week too and another project for pencil lines. Hmmm and I head up to Sydney on Friday to do some classes with Elsie Flannigan and Carrie Utley OMG the pressureis on!!!! LOL.

But will still anounce my really really exciting news tommorow.

4 Comments:

  • Loved this layout in SC Trish! Can't wait to hear your exciting news!

    By Blogger Chris Millar, At 31/10/06 12:11  

  • Hey Girlie, what a time your boy must be going through, my prayers and thoughts to out to you both. I know he will find his niche in life, we are all have our own spot, and in time he will find his.

    Loved this LO the first time I saw it, and still love it.

    Waiting for the news .....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 31/10/06 13:03  

  • I'm so sorry that Luke is having such a hard time...devastating for you too seeing him like this.
    On the scrapping front, sounds like an extremely busy week for you Trish !! Hope you enjoy the coming weekend though.
    It was lovely to see you again on Saturday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the 19th !!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 31/10/06 15:43  

  • **hugs** for your boy. life sucks sometimes. love the layout.

    By Blogger Anam_Kihaku, At 1/11/06 16:54  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

blog counters

blog counters