A little piece of me

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Home again.....

Whew......... What a long weekend, I'm buggered LOL. The Fair was fantastic, really nice people attended my workshops and Esselte/Xyron have the most lovely representatives it was a joy to work along side them. The highlight was yesterday, being able to spend most of my break with Daphney, fellow Master and Claire and Renata from Scrapbooking Memories. It's was so nice to be able to meet after all this time. This wonderful world of internet is fantastic for making new friends but much of the time you never get to meet IRL.

The latest mags are out already, I was equally impressed by SM and FK both great mags this month. I have a layout in each of them, this one was in FK a photo of my beautiful niece, the mag has the layout photo a 'little too clear' LOL the photo was taken when she was only 5 days old and she has some little milk pimples and her skin is a little flaky, I would love to soften it a bit now that I know PS better, anyway I still love the layout. It was originally done for Scrapbook Station as a DT layout, but FK snapped it up real quick and it never got onto SS, thanks so much to Janine for understanding and letting me send it off to be published.




This one was in SM, it was a ' We are Memory Keepers' challenge sent to me by the mag. I do love WAMK so it was a relatively easy challenge to do. These photo's are of ME at 4 days old and my Mum and Me. Cool to do old photos like this I enjoyed it and yay it looks close to RL colors too I'm happy with the printing of it this month.

Well I must get on with some other work, I am yet to do a layout that needs to be done this week for the newsletter at Scrap Happy, and it's on myself, not my favorite layout subject LOL and I still need to finish getting ready for my class at Scrap Happy in Mackay as it is only a little over 2 weeks till I head up there. I'm so looking forward to this, spending the weekend with good friends and teaching a workshop to enthusiastic scrappers what more can a girl want LOL. I know a house keeper LOL.

4 Comments:

  • I really love both layouts Trish, they are both beautiful; it's a shame I couldn't meet you IRL. I think I stayed at the Craft show for about 30 min. My ds developed a rash, so unfortunately had to leave quite promtly.

    By Blogger Sofi, At 1/8/06 19:23  

  • "one of mine" is such a pretty lo trish. i love it. how did you do the background with what looks like paper tearing....???

    xo

    By Blogger Shazz, At 3/8/06 12:37  

  • Hi Shazz and Joy, both papers on these layouts were cut sewn on the page and then wet rolled. This is where you slightly wet your PP edge and then gently roll with your fingers or even roll around something really thin like a needle. Sometimes I'm not so gentle with my rolling as on the Baby girl one and the edge gets a more scraunched look. Hope this helps ladies.
    Trish

    By Blogger Trish Reed, At 8/8/06 09:18  

  • Both beautiful LO's Trish.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 20/8/06 11:21  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

blog counters

blog counters