A little piece of me

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Scrap Me Happy

What an incredible time I have had, I'm thinking I might do this monster post in point form or I will be here all night.

* Thursday morning jumped on the plane at 10am to fly to Mackay for the retreat. Three planes and 6 hours later I arrived and was greeted at the gate by Michelle and off to the Scrap Happy Shop we went. I was blown away by this shop, what a fantastic set up. The biggest workshop room I have ever seen!!!!! Just loved it. After a while there Michelle and I headed out to get some pizza for dinner and just had to do a bit of shopping in the mall while we were there. I don't know whether it was the worst or best move we made. LOL I found some much sought after new sunnies and handbag. I have been looking for about 2 months for these and found just what I wanted and spent way too much money, but I'm happy. After a few hours we grabbed that pizza and headed to Kim's. Thinking an early night would be good before the big weekend, well what a silly thought that Michelle is a night owl and before I knew it it was 2o to 2, lots of talking going on didn't realize the time. LOL.

*The next day we spent time in the shop. Packing some kits and arranging the room for the crop that night. Time for the retreat to start was 5pm but a very eager lady arrived about 2, what enthusiasm, way cool. From then on they all trickled in to get a good seat for themselves. Then it began, Michelle did a terrific doodling class, truly got some great ideas this girl. We did a wonderful little ideas book. Best doodling I have ever done.

*Saturday came bright and early, not enough sleep again. LOL. Michelle and I ran into a little trouble with a flat tire and I missed most of Kim class. It was a fabulous Chatterbox LO with stamping and chipboard and the best mix of orange and blue. I so love orange ad I can't wait to get this page finished. Then we did a terrific magazine holder with Ngaire, truly outstanding!!!!! I have never done one of Ngaire's classes before but I truly wish I had now and incredible woman she is. Kerrins class was next, this is one lady who always delivers. I love her design techniques, she makes so much sense to me and does outstanding pages as well.My class was up next, went smootly and most were happy with it I think.That was it for the classes that day. Then it was out to dinner, nice food, great company and a fun time.

*Sunday it all wrapped up too quickly, 2 more classes by Ngaire and Kerrin and it was all over. Why do these awesome weekends end too quickly?!?!?!? The rest of the day was spent with Kim and her family after a little trip to the computer store LOL and a late lunch with Kerrin, Ngaire, Michelle, Ray and Kim before Kerrins and Ngaire's Plane left.

*An early 10.30 am flight back home, 3 more planes and 61/2 hours travelling and I was back home. Except for my luggage, which missed the flight and had to come later that night. LOL.

Blogger isn't playing tonight so I will upload some photos and more indepth details about the retrat next time.

7 Comments:

  • Sounds like an awesome weekend Trish, wish i could have been there! lookin forward to some photos!

    By Blogger Kathleen Pitt, At 24/8/06 20:08  

  • I'm going to have to come over and have a look at your projects.

    By Blogger Marie, At 24/8/06 20:24  

  • Yay! I've been waiting to hear all about this weekend! So glad this it all went well for you Trish! The classes all sounded fantastic and I'm sure all the girls loved doing yours! Yes, Michelle sure is a night owl!LOL
    Can't wait to see some pics!

    By Blogger Chris Millar, At 24/8/06 22:08  

  • Sounds AWESOME... glad you had a fantastic weekend away....ofcourse learning off of Ngaire and Kerrin would be such a chore - NOT. Post your projects soon.
    Steph xo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 24/8/06 23:10  

  • Sounds like fun!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 24/8/06 23:17  

  • Glad you had such a great weekend, pity about the luggage though! I bet that had you worried for a little bit!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 25/8/06 19:55  

  • Man that sounds like a fantastic weekend!! I wish I could have been there. You sound like you had a great time, except for the planes and the lost luggage!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 26/8/06 00:20  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

blog counters

blog counters