A little piece of me

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Great performances

Yesterday was a good as I hoped. Firstly Katelyn's Christmas carols at the plaza was beautiful. She was so happy to be part of the Christmas celebrations and sang so proudly. Then we all had some lunch and a boost juice, did some wandering around. Then the girls had their faces painted while the boys had a look in Sanity at DVD's and CD's with Dad. Then a talk with Santa, just to get one of his toy reindeers that he was giving out I'm sure.lol. It was a great afternoon.

In the evening we went off to watch Blake's drama group's performance. The little kids section was on first, so I helped out in the Kiosk while my Mum and 4 of the kids watched it. Then Craige came down with Ethan in time to see Blake's older group perform. We couldn't see him sitting through 2 one and a half hour plays. Well I must say I had thought it would be OK to watch but nothing special, but boy was I wrong. It was a sensation performance!!!!!!! It was captivating and entertaining and very funny. They did an awesome job. Blake was so proud of himself, he got the most laughs and the loudest applause. I could tell he didn't want the night to end. Tonight he said to me " I wish we were doing our play every night". That's a nice feeling, to know you did a really good job and enjoyed every minute of it.

Blake has wanted to be a comedian/actor for the last few years. This is his first year as part of a drama group though. I think this dream of his has been cemented in his mind and heart now. He has always been a cheeky little devil and has a very quick Witt, he often has us laughing. Like tonight, I commented to him about him getting a hairy chest, then Luke said to me "do we get that from Dad" and I replied "no I'm not sure where that comes from", to this Blake said "it must be from you then Mum". Like I said Cheeky devil he is.

Well another day over better get to bed so the next one can begin.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

blog counters

blog counters