A little piece of me

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Published world

Having just read Nic Howards blog, I was surprised to see very well known published scrappers had the same feelings as myself. She is so incredibly talented I cannot believe anyone could think otherwise, even if its not quite your style, you would have to see how good it is anyway.

I've only just begun the whirlwind of published life and I have already been doubting myself and wishing in a way I had left myself in the background. I do truly enjoy the challenge of it all though and I love what I produce, knowing it is going off to a magazine makes me pay that extra special attention to it, I put in loads of time and effort and take extra care. As I'm sure everyone does. Then I worry people are going to judge me harshly, not like what I have done and even say nasty things. This is a fantastic opportunity, exciting and rewarding but it can be hard to. My wish is for people to be a little more thoughtful. We don't do this to make ourselves look better than anyone else, we do it because we love it and want to share with others. This year we were picked to be Masters or Elite Team or to win Awards for Excellence or be on Design Teams or whatever but next year it will be someone else's turn. It may even be yours. So be kind in your words and gracious in your actions because it may be you next, putting yourself out there for all to see. Don't judge us, we will only be here for a short time, just enjoy what we have to offer.

After all that, I would like to thank all my friends who know me and know how hard this can be, who love me for me and have supported me throughout. It truly is you that keeps me going.

4 Comments:

  • well said trish.
    how some people can be so nasty about other people's work via emails, forums, blogs, etc and so supportive of others is beyond me.
    whether it be in the world of scrapping or with more personal stuff just be nice to people - we are all on the same journey, heading in the same direction.
    why not try and make as many people's journey as happy as you hope yours to be.
    bit of a rant i'm sorry trish but i hope you know what i mean.

    By Blogger Shazz, At 4/12/05 01:20  

  • Here!! Here!!! To what both you and Shazz have said!!! My sentiments exactly!!!! I couldn't have put it any better myself!!!!
    Thanks Guys!!! I glad we are all on the same journey!!! It's good friends like you that make it all worth while!!!
    Thanks!!!
    (Hugs)
    Michelle

    By Blogger Michelle G, At 4/12/05 04:30  

  • Awwww Trish, Thanks Soooo much for putting that into words!! I'm sure there are so many people out there that have not been published and that would love to, and this may be hard to understand. But some people don't realise that it doesn't stop there. We do look for affirmation past publication. Forums and gossip that has come from email groups are furthering of the publishing journey. And when it turns nasty, that is the very point when we go full circle and wish perhaps we hadn't started the journey we were on.
    Thank you so much for suggesting that people stop and think before they post on forums or even in 'seemingly' private groups. We still hear. And it hurts.
    Thanks so much for taking the awareness just the little bit further, and for your comments on my blog. I haven't worded that so well, but the sentiments behind it are strong! Love that you addressed it and I can't wait to see your work in the mags!!! :o)))

    nic

    By Blogger nic, At 4/12/05 13:10  

  • When I read Nic's blog I thought of you, Trish as I know how you have felt when the 'nastiness' has reared its ugly head.

    I am so proud of you and so glad that you (and Nic) can rise above all of it and continue to have your layouts published. You are an inspiration and I'm very glad to call you my friend and I'm very pleased that you are going to continue to have your work published. Not only myself but others will gain inspiration from your work.

    Marie xo

    By Blogger Marie, At 4/12/05 18:33  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

blog counters

blog counters