A little piece of me

Friday, January 27, 2006

Scrapping ups and downs

I did another layout yesterday, was going through the 'Love your handwriting' book by Heidi Swapp that I won at Scrapboxx and decided to have a go at doing my own title. Then of course I thought I would use some of her tape that I have got and hand write my journaling. I saw this rows of dots idea on a cushion recently and thought I would use that too. The size is 8x12 as I'm waiting on a new Scrapworks album to arrive from Blue Bazaar in this funky new size and should be fun for something different. Well not fused on the journaling I have done, something not right might cover it up yet. Love the title, should get better at this with a bit more practice. And the dots look good might use this again too. All in all it was a good practice layout, had fun doing lots of different things.


This next one I did a little while ago, I had these photos of Ethan that weren't great, but wanted to scrap the story, I like how it turned out anyway. We can't always have fantastic photo's, but they still need to be included in our albums. ( and yes I know 'scallywag' is spelt wrong but I didn't have any 'Y's left so went with what I had lol.) Love these Heidi Swapp rub-ons.



Now onto some sadder news I have left Scrappers Warehouse Design Team. The requirements by the store were changing and I felt they didn't suit me anymore. Now I'm feeling at a loss, I did really enjoy being on a DT, love the challenge of it. It keep me stimulated and busy so I hope another door of opportunity opens soon.

Catch ya later

9 Comments:

  • I love the page you have done with your handwriting. And it is such a buzz when you can say "I did that". Have fun with the new album size as well. I have been doing an 8x11 landscape album for my parents and have enjoyed the change of format.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 27/1/06 14:38  

  • OMGosh Trish....absolutely LOVE those layouts. I love the curvy rows of dots and you've done that title superbly. I actually agree with you that the handwriting shape looks a little wrong...maybe straighten it up and then it looks in line with the title, but by gosh, what an awesome job and such inspiration with the cushion idea.
    The layout of Ethan is superb. Don't know what's wrong with those photos coz I think it's bloomin' damn fine and terrific. Loving that circle around and through the photos. Brilliant job Trish.

    Sad news about SW, but I'm sure you've made the right decision to suit your current goals.
    Debbie K

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 27/1/06 15:04  

  • Just gorgeous LOs Trish, you rock with your handwriting girl :) I Really am taken to the circles on the first LO as well! most awesome :) LOve the Little Scalliwag LO too ... just so cute!

    I agree with Debbie, I am sure you will slip into something wonderful soon!

    By Blogger Kathleen Pitt, At 28/1/06 20:40  

  • Hey Trish....it was a blast when I saw that you had visited my blog.... I too have been trying to do the hand writing thing... It comes so naturally to some people and others (like me) takes a little more time. Congratulations on being a Master, and I will def. be peeking at your blog and checking out your gorgeous work. S.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 29/1/06 08:50  

  • Trish, hey thanks for visiting my blog... It was great to see you had been lurking. As for the handwriting, some girls can do it so naturally and others (like me) have to work their butts of to make it look good..... lol.
    Look forward to lurking around your blog and checking out your gorgeous work. S.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 29/1/06 08:53  

  • Hi Trish, love your two latest layouts! Both fantastic!
    Chris.

    By Blogger Chris Millar, At 29/1/06 13:55  

  • love the new lo size. Circles are pretty cool also. Keep on having fun with it and l look forward to seeing what else you come up with.
    Would also love to see it in real life.
    lf you are up to a BIG Challenge l have some ribbon that you could play with!!!!!!!!LOL
    Cheers my dear.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 29/1/06 18:58  

  • I also know where you can get some really beautiful ribbon to play with if you'd like a challenge.

    When one door closes another opens and I'm sure it won't be long before you find another dt spot.

    By Blogger Marie, At 30/1/06 08:56  

  • hi Trish
    love your LO'S and congratulations on the Masters book
    I noticed on the summer layout you went camping at Burrowee- i have family ties to the area and just wondering if you know it well-
    my grandma lived in Wodonga too, and i have relies in Tallangatta and Dederang (dont you love the names)
    wondering if you wouldnt mind emailing me squigglesstuff@iprimus.com.au
    ta
    Jane

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2/2/06 16:50  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

blog counters

blog counters