A little piece of me

Friday, March 10, 2006

Inspiration Scrapbook Convention

Well we finally have some details about the Gold Coast ISC, I so love to attend ISC's I have met some wonderful friends at these that I love too catch up with. I have already booked and paid for my flights to go up in May so I will be going, but there has been quite a price rise to go to ISC. Of course the price of events has to go up to cover costs over the years but this years price rise has been quite significant. It is an extra cost of $70 to go to the Gala Dinner on the Saturday night. Now I'm not a real social butterfly but did enjoy these dinners and they do allow the chance to socialize with friends, as the rest of the weekend is so busy with classes etc, but I don't feel I can afford to pay $70 to attend one. The price of the weekend has gone up by $50 and now doesn't include the Sat dinner. I have been quite sad about this all week as I can see me not being able to go to ISC in the future and this is a huge disappointment.

Then yesterday I received and e-mail from Kim and Ray two lovely ladies that I have grown to know at ISC's and Kim then also rang me last night to chat. They too will not be attending the dinner so we will be having dinner together anyway. Boy this news has made me excited to attend ISC again!!!!!! Now I can't wait!!!!.

Kim and Ray have a Scrapbooking store in Mackay QLD called Scrap Happy, they have been building it up for the past 8 months, they recently had a retreat where the ever talented Michelle and Kerrin were there to teach some classes, how awesome would that have been?!?!?! Now they are launching their store on-line very soon and have asked me to be part of their Design Team. My God could this day get any better. Well yes.........

I also received a parcel from SM with a new challenge in it from We Are Memory Keepers I just love there stuff!!!! I got the Garden Path Range with the Patterned Papers, Alphabets and Tags, how awesome I love it. I still had another double layout to finish off for SM before I could get started. I have taken my time with it cause I had quite a while to get it done but now I have another one to do I was more motivated. I finished it this morning and I'm happy with it, I do enjoy being creative, Sorry can't share yet. I have come to the conclusion I do work better under more pressing conditions. When I know I have a certain amount of layouts to get done, I get energized and inspired to do them but without the pressure I find myself slacking off and reading a book or two instead. lol. I love reading I have just read 2 more John Grisham books that I had put aside due to scrapping. They were a little dusty mind you, lol, but I did enjoy them.

Now I'm itchy to scrap again and excited to go to ISC, Yay I'm happy


3 Comments:

  • Congrats Trish - you are just going from strength to strength!
    Enjoy ISC!

    By Blogger Chris Millar, At 10/3/06 17:36  

  • Yah on the new DT possie Trish, I so hope it will be lots of fun for you girl :)

    Im still tossing up betweent ISC and Kiwi scraps .. *sigh* lol

    By Blogger Kathleen Pitt, At 11/3/06 08:56  

  • Hope you have fun at the ISC, I was planning on going to the Melb one but apparently that is going to be more expensive again, so don't think I will be going.

    Congrats on the new DT position

    By Blogger Jodii, At 13/3/06 08:56  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 

blog counters

blog counters